We’ve all gone through a phase when our hair needed some serious treatment. After trying different methods, you’ll find that there’s usually something missing. Most products work well with one hair type, but not the others.
If you’ve experienced a similar situation, then Olaplex might be the solution for you!
Everything You Need to Know About Olaplex 3-4-5
We’ve all heard about Olaplex before. With many of its products being sold in the market. Among these many products, Olaplex 3, 4, and 5 might be just the perfect choice for your hair.
In the following sections, I’m going to talk about all the benefits of Olaplex and how you can apply it to your hair.
Olaplex 3: Uses and Benefits
First up, I’m going to talk about Olaplex 3.
Olaplex 3 is a hair-perfector product that works on repairing any damages your hair might have. After you apply it, your hair will soak it up and it will work on fixing your hair from the inside out.
It can work with any hair type from straight to curly hair, as well as dyed and undyed hair. It’s also a great choice when it comes to fixing any hair damaged by bleach.
How to Apply Olaplex 3 to Your Hair
- First things first, you need to check if your hair needs to be washed or not. If you haven’t washed your hair in a while, then there’s probably some oil build-up. It’s better to wash your hair before applying Olaplex to help your hair absorb it.
- You can also leave your hair dry but it’ll probably take a little more product for the Olaplex to completely saturate your hair.
- If you’ve washed your hair, gently use a towel to dry it out.
- Apply Olaplex to your damp hair. If your hair is greatly damaged, then consider applying a sufficient amount to it.
- Use a comb to spread the product evenly through your hair
- Leave it in your hair for around 10 minutes or more. If your hair is damaged, it’s better to leave it on as long as you can. This way you’ll get the best result out of the product.
- Wash it out using shampoo and conditioner. Remember that this is only a hair perfector. So it always needs to be washed out thoroughly after application
You can use Olaplex 3 once a week if your hair is healthy. If it’s suffering from any type of damage, you can use it twice or three times a week.
Olaplex 3 Benefits
Other than repairing the hair, it also increases the strength of every individual hair strand. If your hair was severely damaged, it’ll help restore it to its previous healthy condition. It can also help maintain its texture whether it’s straight or curly.
Olaplex 4 – 5: Uses And Benefits
Olaplex 4 and Olaplex 5 are both bond maintenance shampoo and conditioner respectively. Working best together but also as solo products, they guarantee the best result when it comes to hair repair.
Just like Olaplex 3, Olaplex 4 and 5 can both help repair any damages done to your hair. Whether it was caused by excessive dyeing or heating, you’ll see an improvement while using this shampoo and conditioner combo!
Olaplex 4 and 5 can help maintain your hair’s strength and shine if your hair isn’t damaged. It’ll also help with any frizz or split ends. If your hair has a dry texture, it can improve it by allowing it to stay hydrated.
How to Apply Olaplex 4 – 5 to Your Hair
Applying Olaplex 4 and 5 is just as easy as applying any other regular shampoo and conditioner.
- All you’ll need to do is apply Olaplex 4, rub it into your head thoroughly so it can reach your hair roots.
- Rinse it out then apply Olaplex 5.
- Leave it on your hair for around 3 to 4 minutes to allow your hair to absorb it.
- Rinse it thoroughly with water
And you’re done! Olaplex 4 and 5 are both designed to be used every day if you’d like. However, it’s recommended to only wash your hair twice or three times a week to avoid damaging it.
Olaplex 4 – 5 Benefits
Olaplex 4 and 5 are also made to be used alone. That’s why if you own a favorite shampoo or conditioner, you can use Olaplex 4 with your conditioner or Olaplex 5 with your shampoo and you’ll still receive the same result!
Do Olaplex Products Contain Any Toxic Materials?
Previously, in 2020, Olaplex did use an ingredient deemed toxic by the EU regulatory authority which banned Olaplex from being sold in Europe. This ingredient was called “Lilian”, or butylphenyl methylpropional.
This particular chemical was directly related to some infertility risks and hormonal abnormalities. Its main job was to give the products the scent of a flower called “Lily of the Valley”.
However, shortly after the news was out, Olaplex decided to remove this ingredient entirely from all its products. This change was for all its products globally and not only in Europe.
Now, Olaplex’s ingredients are all completely safe and 100% cruelty-free, and vegan! Olaplex also doesn’t include any sulfate, gluten, or silicon in its products. That’s why Olaplex reassures its users of the safety of its products.
Finding the perfect product to help repair your hair can be hard. Especially if you’d like to use them at home instead of in a salon. And now that I’ve discussed all you needed to know about Olaplex from its uses to its ingredients. You can now try out Olaplex yourself and hopefully start your journey to hair resurrection and maintenance!